Your life may be hectic with your numerous commitments. Yet, you do have time to tend to your health and fitness.
- Make fitness a priority. If you are unable to work out every day, exercise at least three times per week at a high intensity to maintain your fitness level.
- Park your car farther away, and walk longer to your destination.
- Play outside with your loved ones – little ones or furry ones.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
- Lift your legs while sitting at a desk or while watching TV. While sitting in a chair, raise your legs in front of you and hold them there for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat
this motion several times.
- Squeeze a stress ball while at work to relieve tension, burn calories, increase flexibility and improve blood flow.
- Stretch or exercise while watching TV. Hop on a treadmill or an exercise bike while at home to burn some calories while you catch up on your favourite shows.
- Exercise during your lunch hour, even if it’s just a walk around the block or up and down a flight of stairs.
- Do home chores, such as shoveling snow, gardening, raking leaves, sweeping the floor, vacuuming and dusting. These activities burn calories and tidy up your home!
Getting even 20 to 30 minutes of exercise per day will improve your health. Exercise will also make you feel better and can even be fun. Time is ticking… get out there and sweat!